Jesse Mislavsky: I'm Jesse Mislavsky, and you're listening to the “Planned Service Changes” for this weekend on TransitTrax, New York City Transit's podcast service. Here's a guide to a few of the significant changes in subway service, scheduled for this weekend on the 1,D, F and J. These changes will affect service on beginning at 11:30 p.m. Friday, February 17 and end at 5 a.m. Tuesday, February 21. These changes are due to necessary capital construction and rehabilitation work – work that may cause you to ride backward just to go forward – or change your traveling pattern all together. Please be aware, that in addition to the changes you are about to hear, other changes to service due to planned work may affect your trip.
Jesse Mislavsky: This weekend there will be changes on the 1 and 2 lines. Here’s Jared Elmore from Operations Planning to help you get to your destination.
Jared Elmore: Presidents’ Day - Subways & buses operate on a
Monday, February 20.
* No 5 service in Brooklyn.
* No 67 express service.
* No B service - use the ACD and/or Q instead.
* No W service - use the NQ and/or R instead.
* No Z service - use the J instead.
* Other changes to service due to planned work, may affect your trip. Please consult Service Change Directories or visit mta.info to use TripPlanner+.
Jared Elmore: Beginning 11:30 PM Friday to 5 AM Monday, February 17 through 21 on the 1 line South Ferry-bound 1 trains run express from 72 St to Times Sq-42 St and 11:45 PM to 6:30 AM, Fri to Sun, Feb 10 – 12 and from 11:45 PM Sun to 5 AM Mon, Feb 12 – 13 Flatbush Av-bound 2 trains run express from
72 St to Times Sq-42 St.
As travel alternatives – Use uptown 12 service to complete your trip.
* To 66 St, 59 St, and 50 St, take the downtown 1 or 2 to Times Sq-42 St and transfer to an uptown 1 or 2 local.
* From these stations, take an uptown 1 or 2 to 72 St and transfer to a downtown 1 or 2.
Jared Elmore: D Service is rerouted in Manhattan and Brooklyn 10:30 PM Fri to 5 AM Tue, Feb 17-21 Travel alternatives – FNQR trains and free shuttle buses provide alternate service.
* D service operates between 205 St and 59 St-Columbus Circle, is rerouted via the A to/from Jay St-MetroTech, and via the F to/from Stillwell Av (trains run express in Manhattan).
* F trains replace the D in Brooklyn between Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr and Stillwell Av.
* Free shuttle buses operate between W 4 St and Grand St, stopping at B’way-Lafayette St.
* To/from 7 Av, 47-50 Sts, 42 St-Bryant Pk, and 34 St-Herald Sq, use nearby stations on 7 Av or Broadway.
* Transfer between the F and NQR via the passageway at Times Sq-42 St/Port Authority.
* Transfer between D and NR trains at Jay St-MetroTech or 4 Av-9 St.* To/from 7 Av take the D via transfer at 47-50 Sts.
Jesse Mislavsky: There will be a diversion from our regular service on the F line. Jared will give you alternate route options.
Jared Elmore: F Service is rerouted in Manhattan and Brooklyn 10:30 PM Fri to 5 AM Tue, Feb 17-21 Travel alternatives – ACDNQR trains and free shuttle buses provide alternate service.
* F service operates between Jamaica and Lexington Av/63 St, is rerouted via the Q to/from Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr, and via the D to/from Stillwell Av (trains run express in Manhattan; also, trains skip DeKalb Av, days and evenings).
* D trains replace the F in Brooklyn between Jay St-MetroTech and Stillwell Av.
* Free shuttle buses operate along two routes:
1) Between W 4 St and East Broadway, stopping at B’way-Lafayette St, 2 Av, and Delancey-Essex Sts.
2) Between Jay St-MetroTech and York St.
* To/from 7 Av, 47-50 Sts, and 42 St-Bryant Pk, use nearby stations on 7 Av or Broadway.
* Transfer between ACD and NR trains at Times Sq-42 St/Port Authority.
* Transfer between F and NR trains at Canal St.
* Transfer between D and NR trains at Jay St-MetroTech.
Jesse Mislavsky: There will be a diversion from our regular service on the J line. Jared will give you alternate route options.
Jared Elmore: Saturday and Sunday, February 18 and 19 No J trains between Broadway Junction and Jamaica Center 6:30 AM to 7 PM
Travel alternatives – Free shuttle buses and E trains provide alternate service.
* J service operates between Broad St and Broadway Junction.
* Free shuttle buses and E trains provide alternate service via Jamaica-Van Wyck. Free shuttle buses operate between Broadway Junction and 121 St, and connect with the E at Jamaica-Van Wyck, where service to/from Sutphin Blvd and Jamaica Center is available.
* Transfer between trains and free shuttle buses at Jamaica-Van Wyck and/or Broadway Junction
Jesse Mislavsky: Because construction projects can be canceled, be sure to consult our website, www.mta.info, for Service Status and Planned Service Changes. While there, you may also opt to use our Trip Planner+ which provides you with customized travel directions that take subway service changes into account, while giving you up to three alternate route options.
Also available is our free Email Notification Program. You can sign up for weekday or weekend notifications about both planned reroutes and real-time changes in service.
Finally, you may also dial 511 for travel information for all MTA services. It’s good information, so you’ll “Know Before You Go!”
For TransitTrax, I'm Jesse Mislavsky. Thanks for listening, and thanks for riding with New York City Transit.