Jesse Mislavsky: I'm Jesse Mislavsky, and you're listening to the “Planned Service Changes” for this weekend on TransitTrax, New York City Transit's podcast service.
Here's a guide to a few of the significant changes in subway service, scheduled for this weekend on the 1,D, F 4 and 5. These changes will affect service on beginning at 11:30 p.m. Friday, February 24 and end at 5 a.m. Monday, February 27.
These changes are due to necessary capital construction and rehabilitation work – work that may cause you to ride backward just to go forward – or change your traveling pattern all together. Please be aware, that in addition to the changes you are about to hear, other changes to service due to planned work may affect your trip.
Jesse Mislavsky: This weekend there will be changes on the 1 line. Here’s Jared Elmore from Operations Planning to help you get to your destination.
Jared Elmore: From 11:30 PM Fri to 5 AM Mon, Feb 24 – 27, 1 Service is suspended.
As travel alternatives – 23ACNR trains, M3, M100 and free shuttle buses provide alternate service.
* To/from South Ferry and Rector St, use the Whitehall St and Rector St R stations instead. Or, transfer between 23 trains and free shuttle buses at Chambers St.
* Uptown 23 trains run local from Times Sq-42 St to 96 St.
* Downtown 23 trains run local from 96 St to Chambers St.
* For service between 96 St and 168 St, use free shuttle buses or the AC at nearby stations.
* For service between 168 St and 191 St, use M3 or free shuttle buses. Or, use the A at nearby stations.
* For Dyckman St, use M100 (free shuttle buses overnight) to/from the Dyckman St A station. Transfer between 23 and A trains at 59 St.
* For 207 St, use the nearby A station; transfer between 23 and A trains at 59 St.
* For service between 207 St and 242 St, take free shuttle buses. Transfer between buses and A trains at 207 St and between A and 23 trains at 59 St.
Jared Elmore: D Service is rerouted in Manhattan and Brooklyn 10:30 PM Fri to 5 AM Tue, Feb 24-27 Travel alternatives – FNQR trains and free shuttle buses provide alternate service.
• D service operates between 205 St and 59 St-Columbus Circle, is rerouted via the A to/from Jay St-MetroTech, and via the F to/from Stillwell Av (trains run express in Manhattan).
• F trains replace the D in Brooklyn between Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr and Stillwell Av.
• Free shuttle buses operate between W 4 St and Grand St, stopping at B’way-Lafayette St.
• To/from 7 Av, 47-50 Sts, 42 St-Bryant Pk, and 34 St-Herald Sq, use nearby stations on 7 Av or Broadway.
• Transfer between the F and NQR via the passageway at Times Sq-42 St/Port Authority.
• Transfer between D and NR trains at Jay St-MetroTech or 4 Av-9 St.* To/from 7 Av take the D via transfer at 47-50 Sts.
Jesse Mislavsky: There will be a diversion from our regular service on the F line. Jared will give you alternate route options.
Jared Elmore: F Service is rerouted in Manhattan and Brooklyn 10:30 PM Fri to 5 AM Tue, Feb 24-27 Travel alternatives – ACDNQR trains and free shuttle buses provide alternate service.
• F service operates between Jamaica and Lexington Av/63 St, is rerouted via the Q to/from Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr, and via the D to/from Stillwell Av (trains run express in Manhattan; also, trains skip DeKalb Av, days and evenings).
• D trains replace the F in Brooklyn between Jay St-MetroTech and Stillwell Av.
• Free shuttle buses operate along two routes:
1) Between W 4 St and East Broadway, stopping at B’way-Lafayette St, 2 Av, and Delancey-Essex Sts.
2) Between Jay St-MetroTech and York St.
• To/from 7 Av, 47-50 Sts, and 42 St-Bryant Pk, use nearby stations on 7 Av or Broadway.
• Transfer between ACD and NR trains at Times Sq-42 St/Port Authority.
• Transfer between F and NR trains at Canal St.
• Transfer between D and NR trains at Jay St-MetroTech.
Jesse Mislavsky: There will be a diversion from our regular service on the J line. Jared will give you alternate route options.
Jared Elmore: Saturday and Sunday, February 18 and 19 No J trains between Broadway Junction and Jamaica Center 6:30 AM to 7 PM .
Travel alternatives – Free shuttle buses and E trains provide alternate service.
* J service operates between Broad St and Broadway Junction.
* Free shuttle buses and E trains provide alternate service via Jamaica-Van Wyck.
Free shuttle buses operate between Broadway Junction and 121 St, and connect with the E at Jamaica-Van Wyck, where service to/from Sutphin Blvd and Jamaica Center is available.
* Transfer between trains and free shuttle buses at Jamaica-Van Wyck and/or Broadway Junction.
Jared Elmore: 11:45 PM Fri to 5 AM Mon, Feb 24 – 27 4 No 4 trains between New Lots Av/Utica Av and Brooklyn Bridge 11:45 PM Fri to 5 AM Mon, Feb 24 – 27.
Travel alternatives – Take 23FJNQR trains instead.
* 4 service operates between Woodlawn and Brooklyn Bridge, making local stops.
* For service between Manhattan and Brooklyn, take the FNQ or R. Transfer between 46 and FNQR trains at 14 St-Union Sq or Canal St. Transfer between FNQR and 23 trains at Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr.
* For service to/from Wall St and Bowling Green, use the N or R at nearby Rector St or Whitehall St. Or, use the J at Fulton St or Broad St.
* For service to/from Fulton St and between Borough Hall and Franklin Av, take the 2 or 3.
* For service between Franklin Av and New Lots Av, take the 3 instead, running in Brooklyn all weekend.
Jared Elmore: From 6 AM to 11 PM, Saturday, Feb 25 and from 8 AM to 11 PM, Sunday, Feb 26 There are no trains between
Bowling Green and Grand Central-42 St.
Travel alternatives – Take the 4*6N or R trains.
* Trains run between Dyre Av and Grand Central-42 St, days and evenings.
* For stations between Grand Central-42 St and Brooklyn Bridge, take the 4 or 6.
* Transfer between 5 and 46 trains at Grand Central-42 St.
* For Fulton St, Wall St, and Bowling Green, use nearby R stations at Cortlandt St, Rector St, or Whitehall St.
* Transfer between 5 and NR trains at 59 St-Lexington Av.
* Transfer between 46 and NR trains at Canal St.
*Note: There is no 4 service between Brooklyn Bridge and New Lots Av.
Jesse Mislavsky: Because construction projects can be canceled, be sure to consult our website, www.mta.info, for Service Status and Planned Service Changes. While there, you may also opt to use our Trip Planner+ which provides you with customized travel directions that take subway service changes into account, while giving you up to three alternate route options.
Also available is our free Email Notification Program. You can sign up for weekday or weekend notifications about both planned reroutes and real-time changes in service.
Finally, you may also dial 511 for travel information for all MTA services. It’s good information, so you’ll “Know Before You Go!”For TransitTrax, I'm Jesse Mislavsky. Thanks for listening, and thanks for riding with New York City Transit.