Jesse Mislavsky: I'm Jesse Mislavsky, and you're listening to the “Planned Service Changes” for this weekend on TransitTrax, New York City Transit's podcast service. Here's a guide to a few of the significant changes in subway service, scheduled for this weekend on the 2, 4, 5, 7, A, C and M. These changes will affect service on beginning at 11:30 p.m. Friday, March 10 and end at 5 a.m. Monday, March 13. These changes are due to necessary capital construction and rehabilitation work – work that may cause you to ride backward just to go forward – or change your traveling pattern all together. Please be aware, that in addition to the changes you are about to hear, other changes to service due to planned work may affect your trip.
Jared Elmore: From 11:45 PM Friday to 5 AM Monday, March 10 – 13 there are no 2 trains between 241 St and E 180 St.
As travel alternatives, use free shuttle buses.
• 2 service operates between Flatbush Av and E 180 St.
• Free shuttle buses operate between E 180 St and 241 St, stopping at Bronx Park East, Pelham Pkwy, Allerton Av, Burke Av, Gun Hill Rd, 219 St, 225 St, 233 St, Nereid Av, and 241 St.
• Transfer between free shuttle buses and 2 trains at E 180 St.
Jared Elmore: 11:45 PM Fri to 5 AM Mon, Mar 10 – 13 From 114 trains between New Lots Av/Utica Av and Brooklyn Bridge 11:45 PM Fri to 5 AM Mon, Mar 10 – 13
As travel alternatives – take the 2,3,D,J,N,Q,R, or W trains instead.
• 4 service operates between Woodlawn and Brooklyn Bridge, making local stops.
• For service between Manhattan and Brooklyn, take the DNQ or R. Transfer between 46 and NQR trains at 14 St-Union Sq or Canal St. Transfer between DNQR and 23 trains at Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr
• For service to/from Wall St and Bowling Green, use the RW (N overnight) at nearby Rector St or Whitehall St. Or, use the J at Broad St.
• For service to/from Fulton St, use the 23 or J.
• For service between Borough Hall and Franklin Av, take the 2 or 3 instead.
• For service between Franklin Av and New Lots Av, take the 3 instead, running in Brooklyn all weekend.
Jesse Mislavsky: There will be a diversion from our regular service on the 5 line. Jared will give you alternate route options.
Jared Elmore: From 6 AM to 11 PM, Saturday, Mar 13 and from 8 AM to 11 PM, Sunday, Mar 12, there will be no 5 trains between Bowling Green and Grand Central-42 St
Travel alternatives – Take the 4*6R or W trains.
• Trains run between Dyre Av/149 St-Grand Concourse and Grand Central-42 St, days and evenings.
• For stations between Grand Central-42 St and Brooklyn Bridge, take the 4 or 6.
• Transfer between 5 and 46 trains at Grand Central-42 St.
• For Fulton St, Wall St, and Bowling Green, use nearby R stations at Cortlandt St, Rector St, or Whitehall St.
• Transfer between 5 and RW trains at 59 St-Lexington Av.
• Transfer between 46 and RW trains at Canal St.
• *Note: There is no 4 service between Brooklyn Bridge and New Lots Av.
Jesse Mislavsky: There will be a diversion from our regular service on the 7 line. Jared will give you alternate route options.
Jared Elmore: From 12:15 AM Sat to 4:30 AM Mon, Mar 10 – 13
No 7 trains between 34 St-Hudson Yards and Queensboro Plaza
Travel alternatives – EFNW*S and free shuttle buses provide alternate service.
* 7 service operates between Flushing-Main St and Queensboro Plaza.
* Use EFNW trains between Manhattan and Queens.
* Transfer between 7 and NW trains at Queensboro Plaza.
* Transfer between NW trains and shuttle buses at Times Sq-42 St.
* Transfer between 7 and EF trains at 74 St-Roosevelt Av.
* Free shuttle buses run in two segments:
1) Between 34 St-Hudson Yards and Times Sq-42 St.
2) Between Vernon Blvd-Jackson Av and Queensboro Plaza.
* The 42 Street S shuttle operates overnight.
* *Note: W service operates between Whitehall St and Ditmars Blvd from 7 AM to 9 PM on Sat and from 9 AM to 7 PM on Sun. Broadway Junction.
Jesse Mislavsky: There will be a diversion from our regular service on the J line. Jared will give you alternate route options.
Jared Elmore: On the A line, from 11:45 PM Fri to 5 AM Mon, Mar 10-13
And on the C line from 6:30 AM to 11 PM, Sat and Sun, Mar 11-13
A and C trains are rerouted via the F in both directions between W 4 St and Jay St-MetroTech
Travel alternatives – Use EJ trains to complete your trip.
* Trains run local between 59 St and W 4 St.
* To/from Spring St, Canal St and Chambers St, take the E instead via transfer at W 4 St.
* To/from Fulton St, take the J instead via transfer at Delancey-Essex Sts F station. Or, use the E at nearby World Trade Center station; transfer between trains at W 4 St.
* To/from High St, use the nearby York St F station.
Jesse Mislavsky: Because construction projects can be canceled, be sure to consult our website, www.mta.info, for Service Status and Planned Service Changes. While there, you may also opt to use our Trip Planner+ which provides you with customized travel directions that take subway service changes into account, while giving you up to three alternate route options.
Also available is our free Email Notification Program. You can sign up for weekday or weekend notifications about both planned reroutes and real-time changes in service.
Finally, you may also dial 511 for travel information for all MTA services. It’s good information, so you’ll “Know Before You Go!”
For TransitTrax, I'm Jesse Mislavsky. Thanks for listening, and thanks for riding with New York City Transit.