Jesse Mislavsky: I'm Jesse Mislavsky, and you're listening to the “Planned Service Changes” for this weekend on TransitTrax, New York City Transit's podcast service. Here's a guide to a few of the significant changes in subway service, scheduled for this weekend
on the 3,4, 5, 7, A, C and M.
These changes will affect service on beginning at 11:30 p.m. Friday, March 24 and end at 5 a.m. Monday, March 27.
These changes are due to necessary capital construction and rehabilitation work – work that may cause you to ride backward just to go forward – or change your traveling pattern all together. Please be aware, that in addition to the changes you are about to hear, other changes to service due to planned work may affect your trip.
Jared Elmore: 3 Service is suspended from11:45 PM to 7 AM, Fri to Sun, Mar 24 – 26
11:45 PM Sun to 5 AM Mon, Mar 26 – 27
Travel alternatives – 2 trains and free shuttle buses provide alternate service.
• Free shuttle buses serve 135 St, 145 St, and 148 St.
• Transfer between 2 trains and free shuttle buses at 135 St.
Jared Elmore: 4 service is suspended from11:30 PM Fri to 1 AM Mon, Mar 24 – 27
Travel alternatives - Use 5D trains and/or free shuttle buses instead.
• 5 service makes all 4 stops between New Lots Av/Utica Av and
149 St-Grand Concourse.
• D trains and free shuttle buses provide alternate service in the Bronx.
• For service in Brooklyn and Manhattan, take the 5 instead, making all 4 stops.
• For direct service between the Bronx and Midtown Manhattan/Downtown Brooklyn, use the D.
• Free shuttle buses operate between 149 St-Grand Concourse and 161 St-Yankee Stadium, connecting with the D line.
• To/from 161 St-Yankee Stadium, 167 St, 170 St, Mt Eden Av, 176 St, Burnside Av, 183 St, Fordham Rd, Kingsbridge Rd,
and Bedford Pk Blvd, use D service at nearby stations. Crosstown buses run between several 4 and D stations (fare payment required).
• To/from Bedford Pk Blvd, Mosholu Pkwy, and Woodlawn, take free shuttle buses via transfer at the Bedford Pk Blvd D station.
Jared Elmore: No 5 trains between Dyre Av and E 180 St 11:30 PM Fri to 5 AM Mon, Mar 24 – 27
Travel alternatives – Free shuttle buses provide alternate service.
• 5 service operates between E 180 St and Franklin Av, and is rerouted via the 4 to
Utica Av/New Lots Av*.
• Free shuttle buses operate all weekend between Dyre Av and E 180 St, stopping at Baychester Av, Gun Hill Rd, Pelham Pkwy,
and Morris Park.
• Transfer between trains and shuttle buses at E 180 St.
• *Note: Reroute is from 11:30 PM Fri to 1 AM Mon, when the 4 returns to service.
Jesse Mislavsky: This weekend there are also service changes along the 7 line.
Jared Elmore: No 7 trains between 34 St-Hudson Yards and Queensboro Plaza 12:15 AM Sat to 4:30 AM Mon, Mar 25 – 27
Travel alternatives - EFNSW* and free shuttle buses provide alternate service.
• 7 service operates between Flushing-Main St and Queensboro Plaza.
• Use EFNW trains between Manhattan and Queens.
• Transfer between 7 and NW trains at Queensboro Plaza.
• Transfer between NW trains and shuttle buses at Times Sq-42 St.
• Transfer between 7 and EF trains at 74 St-Roosevelt Av.
• Free shuttle buses run in two segments:
1) Between 34 St-Hudson Yards and Times Sq-42 St.
2) Between Vernon Blvd-Jackson Av and Queensboro Plaza.
• The 42 Street S shuttle operates overnight.
• *Note: W service operates between Whitehall St and Ditmars Blvd from 7 AM to 9 PM on Sat and from 9 AM to 7 PM on Sun.
Jesse Mislavsky: There will be a diversion from our regular service on the A and C lines. Jared will give you alternate route options.
Jared Elmore: On the A line, from 11:45 PM Fri to 5 AM Mon, Mar 24 – 27
and on the C line from 6:30 AM to 11 PM, Sat and Sun, Mar 25-26
A and C trains are rerouted via the F in both directions between W 4 St and Jay St-MetroTech
Travel alternatives – Use EJ trains to complete your trip.
* Trains run local between 59 St and W 4 St.
* To/from Spring St, Canal St and Chambers St, take the E instead via transfer at W 4 St.
* To/from Fulton St, take the J instead via transfer at Delancey-Essex Sts F station. Or, use the E at nearby World Trade Center station;
transfer between trains at W 4 St.
* To/from High St, use the nearby York St F station.
Jared Elmore: M Service is suspended 11:45 PM Fri to 5 AM Mon, Mar 24 – 27
Travel alternatives - Free shuttle buses and JL trains provide alternate service.
• Free shuttle buses make all M stops between Metropolitan Av and Myrtle Av.
• Transfer between shuttle buses and J trains at Myrtle Av.
• For direct service to/from Manhattan, use the L via transfer at Myrtle-Wyckoff Avs.
Jesse Mislavsky: Because construction projects can be canceled, be sure to consult our website, www.mta.info, for Service Status and Planned Service Changes. While there, you may also opt to use our Trip Planner+ which provides you with customized travel directions that take subway service changes into account, while giving you up to three alternate route options.
Also available is our free Email Notification Program. You can sign up for weekday or weekend notifications about both planned reroutes and real-time changes in service.
Finally, you may also dial 511 for travel information for all MTA services. It’s good information, so you’ll “Know Before You Go!”
For TransitTrax, I'm Jesse Mislavsky. Thanks for listening, and thanks for riding with New York City Transit.