Jesse Mislavsky: I'm Jesse Mislavsky, and you're listening to the “Planned Service Changes” for this weekend on TransitTrax, New York City Transit's podcast service. Here's a guide to a few of the significant changes in subway service, scheduled for this weekend on the 4, 5, A,C, D and N lines. These changes will affect service on beginning at 11:45 p.m. Friday, June 9 and end at 5 a.m. Monday, June 12. These changes are due to necessary capital construction and rehabilitation work – work that may cause you to ride backward just to go forward – or change your traveling pattern all together. Please be aware, that in addition to the changes you are about to hear, other changes to service due to planned work may affect your trip. This week there will be changes on the 4 line. Please listen closely as Jared Elmore from Operations Planning explains.
Jared Elmore: From 11:45 PM Fri to 5 AM Sunday, June 9 --11 there are no 4 trains between New Lots Av/Utica Av and Brooklyn Bridge.
Travel alternatives - Take the 23DJNQ or R trains instead.
• 4 service operates between Woodlawn and Brooklyn Bridge, making local stops.
• For service between Manhattan and Brooklyn, take the DNQ or R. Transfer between 4,6 and N,Q,R trains at 14 St-Union Sq or Canal St. Transfer between DNQR and 23 trains at Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr.
• For service to/from Wall St and Bowling Green, use the R (N overnight) at nearby Rector St or Whitehall St. Or, use the J at Broad St.
• For service to/from Fulton St, use the 23 or J.
• For service between Borough Hall and Franklin Av, take the 2 or 3 instead.
• For service between Franklin Av and Utica Av, take the 3.
• For service between Utica Av and New Lots Av, take free shuttle buses..
Jesse Mislavsky: If you plan to use the 5 line Jared will tell you what to do to get where you’re going.
Jared Elmore: From 6 AM to 11 PM, Saturday, Jun 10 no 5 trains between Bowling Green and Grand Central-42 St.
As travel alternatives take the 4*6 or R trains instead.
• Trains run between Dyre Av and Grand Central-42 St.
• For stations between Grand Central-42 St and Brooklyn Bridge, take the 4 or 6.
• Transfer between 5 and 46 trains at Grand Central-42 St.
• For Fulton St, Wall St, and Bowling Green, use nearby R stations at Cortlandt St,
Rector St, or Whitehall St.
• Transfer between 5 and R trains at 59 St-Lexington Av.
• Transfer between 46 and R trains at Canal St.
*Note: There is no 4 service between Brooklyn Bridge and New Lots Av.
Jesse Mislavsky: Also this weekend there will be changes along the A and C line.
Jared Elmore: From 11:45 PM Fri to 5 AM Sun, Jun 9 – 11 on the A line and from 6:30 AM to 11 PM, Saturday, Jun 10 on the C line, trains are rerouted via the F in both directions between W 4 St and Jay St-MetroTech
As travel alternatives - Use E and J trains to complete your trip.
• Trains run local between 59 St and W 4 St.
• To/from Spring St, Canal St and Chambers St, take the E instead via transfer at W 4 St.
• To/from Fulton St, take the J instead via transfer at Delancey-Essex Sts F station. Or, use the E at nearby World Trade Center station; transfer between trains at W 4 St.
• To/from High St, use the nearby York St F station.
Jesse Mislavsky: If you plan to use the D line Jared will tell you what to do to get where you’re going.
Jared Elmore: No D service between Stillwell Av and Bay Pkwy 5:45 AM to 8 PM, Sat and Sun, Jun 10 – 11 As travel alternatives - FQ trains, B6, B64, and free shuttle buses provide alternate service.
• For direct service between Stillwell Av and Downtown Brooklyn/Manhattan,
take the F or Q.
• To/from Bay Pkwy and 25 Av, take free shuttle buses.
• To/from Bay 50 St, use the B64 bus to/from Stillwell Av. Or, take the B64 to the B6 to connect with the D at Bay Pkwy
Jesse Mislavsky: If you need to ride the N line this weekend there will be service changes that impact your commute. Once again Jared Elmore explains.
Jared Elmore: No N service between Stillwell Av and 86 St 5:45 AM to 8 PM, Sat and Sun, Jun 10 – 11.
As travel alternatives – F and Q trains and free shuttle buses provide alternate service.
• For direct service between Stillwell Av and Downtown Brooklyn/Manhattan, take the F or Q.
• For service between Stillwell Av and 86 St, take free shuttle buses.
Jesse Mislavsky: Because construction projects can be canceled, be sure to consult our website, www.mta.info, for Service Status and Planned Service Changes. While there, you may also opt to use our Trip Planner+ which provides you with customized travel directions that take subway service changes into account, while giving you up to three alternate route options.
Also available is our free Email Notification Program. You can sign up for weekday or weekend notifications about both planned reroutes and real-time changes in service.
Finally, you may also dial 511 for travel information for all MTA services. It’s good information, so you’ll “Know Before You Go!”
For TransitTrax, I'm Jesse Mislavsky. Thanks for listening, and thanks for riding with New York City Transit.