Jesse Mislavsky: I'm Jesse Mislavsky, and you're listening to the “Planned Service Changes” for this weekend on TransitTrax, New York City Transit's podcast service. Here's a guide to a few of the significant changes in subway service, scheduled for this weekend on all lines. These changes will affect service September 1 through September 5. These changes are due to necessary capital construction and rehabilitation work – work that may cause you to ride backward just to go forward – or change your traveling pattern all together. Please listen carefully as Jared Elmore from Operations Planning explains.
Jared Elmore: Monday, September 4, Labor Day – Subways & buses operate on a Sunday Schedule
· No 23 service in Brooklyn – use the 4 or 5 instead.
· No 67 express service.
· No B trains – use the ACD and/or Q instead.
· No M service between 71 Av and Delancey-Essex Sts.
· No W service – use the NQ or R instead.
· No Z service – use the J instead.
· Other changes to service due to planned work may affect your trip. Please consult
Service Change Directories or visit mta.info to use TripPlanner+.
Jared Elmore: Beginning 11:45 PM Friday to 6:30 AM Monday, September 1 through 4, and from 11:45 PM Monday to 5 AM Tuesday, September 4 through 5 on the A line and from 6:30 AM to 11 PM Saturday to Monday September 2 through 4, AC
Downtown trains run express from 125 St to Canal St
Travel alternatives - Use uptown AC, and EF trains to complete your trip.
· To 116 St, 110 St, 103 St, 96 St, 86 St, 81 St, and 72 St, take the downtown A or C to
59 St-Columbus Circle and transfer to an uptown A local or C.
· From these stations, take an uptown A or C to 125 St and transfer to a downtown A or C.
· To 50 St, take the downtown A or C to 42 St/Port Authority and transfer to an uptown
A local, C, or E.
· From 50 St, take a downtown E or F to 42 St/Port Authority and transfer to a downtown
A or C.
· To/from 23 St and Spring St, take the E or F. Transfer between trains at
34 St-Penn Station, 14 St, W 4 St, or Canal St.
Jesse Mislavsky: If you plan to use the 5 line this weekend, Jared will tell you what to do to get around this diversion.
Jared Elmore: Beginning 11:45 PM Fri to 5 AM Tue, Sep 1 – 5
Coney Island-bound trains are rerouted via the E from
Roosevelt Av to Canal St, then via the A to Jay St-MetroTech
Travel alternatives - DQ trains provide alternate service.
· To 21 St-Queensbridge and Roosevelt Island, take the F to the 7 Av DE station and transfer to a downtown D to 47-50 Sts station for Jamaica-bound F service.
· From these stations, take a Jamaica-bound F to Roosevelt Av and transfer to a
Coney Island-bound F.
· To/from Lexington Av/63 St, use the Q via transfer at Times Sq-42 St/Port Authority.
· To/from 57 St, use the nearby 5 Av/53 St or 7 Av E stations.
· For stations along 6 Av, use corresponding stations on 8 Av. Or, use the downtown D or uptown F via transfers at 7 Av and/or W 4 St.
· To B’way-Lafayette St, transfer to the D at W 4 St.
· To 2 Av, Delancey St, East Broadway, and York St, take the F to Jay St-MetroTech and transfer to a Jamaica-bound F.
· From these stations, take a Jamaica-bound F to W 4 St and transfer to a
Coney Island-bound F.
Jesse Mislavsky: If you plan to use the M line this weekend, Jared will tell you what to do to get around this diversion.
Jared Elmore: Beginning Beginning 12:01 AM, Saturday, Sep 2 until April 30, 2018
No trains between Myrtle Av (Broadway) and Myrtle-Wyckoff Avs
Travel alternatives - Free shuttle buses provide alternate service.
· M service operates in two sections:
1. Between Essex St* and Myrtle Av, and via the J to/from Broadway Junction, days/evenings.
2. Between Metropolitan Av and Myrtle-Wyckoff Avs.
· Free shuttle buses operate between Myrtle Av (Broadway) and Myrtle-Wyckoff Avs, stopping at Central Av and Knickerbocker Av.
· Transfer between trains and free shuttle buses at Myrtle Av JMZ and
Myrtle-Wyckoff Avs LM.
· *Note - Mon to Fri (days/evenings only): M service operates to/from 71 Av.
Jared Elmore: Beginning 11:45 PM Fri to 5 AM Tue, Sep 1 – 5 on the N line, and from 11:45 PM to 6:30 AM, Fri to Mon, Sep 1 – 4 on the Q line as well as 6 AM to 11 PM, Sat to Mon, Sep 2 – 4 on the R line,
Downtown N, Q and R trains run express from 57 St-7 Av to Canal St
Travel alternatives - Use uptown NQR trains to complete your trip.
· To 49 St, 28 St, 23 St, 8 St, and Prince St, take the downtown NQ or R to
Times Sq-42 St, 14 St-Union Sq or Canal St and transfer to an uptown NQ local or R.
· From these stations, take an uptown NQ or R to 14 St-Union Sq, 34 St-Herald Sq, or
57 St-7 Av and transfer to a downtown NQ or R.
Jesse Mislavsky: Because construction projects can be canceled, be sure to consult our website, www.mta.info, for Service Status and Planned Service Changes. While there, you may also opt to use our Trip Planner+ which provides you with customized travel directions that take subway service changes into account, while giving you up to three alternate route options.
Also available is our free Email Notification Program. You can sign up for weekday or weekend notifications about both planned reroutes and real-time changes in service.
Finally, you may also dial 511 for travel information for all MTA services. It’s good information, so you’ll “Know Before You Go!”
For TransitTrax, I'm Jesse Mislavsky. Thanks for listening, and thanks for riding with New York City Transit.