Jesse Mislavsky: I'm Jesse Mislavsky, and you're listening to the “Planned Service Changes” for this weekend on TransitTrax, New York City Transit's podcast service. Here's a guide to a few of the significant changes in subway service, scheduled for this weekend on the D, F, G, M and N. These changes will affect service September 8 through 11. These changes are due to necessary capital construction and rehabilitation work – work that may cause you to ride backward just to go forward – or change your traveling pattern all together.
For those commuters who plan to use the D line on the weekend, there is a service change that will affect your commute. Please listen carefully as Jared Elmore from Operations Planning explains.
Jared Elmore: Beginning 11:45 PM to 5 AM, September 15-18 A and C trains run express in both directions between 59 St-Columbus Circle and Canal St
Travel alternatives - Use DE trains to complete your trip.
· For 50 St and 23 St, take the D, which runs local via the C during this time.
· For Spring St, take the E.
· Transfer at 59 St, 42 St, W 4 St, or Canal St.
Jesse Mislavsky: If you plan to use the D line this weekend, Jared will tell you what to do to get around this diversion.
Jared Elmore: No D trains between 59 St-Columbus Circle and Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr 11:30 PM Friday to 5 AM Monday, September 15 – 18
Travel alternatives - ACFNQR trains and free shuttle buses provide alternate service.
· D service operates in two sections:
1. Between Bedford Pk Blvd and 59 St-Columbus Circle, local via the C to/from W 4 St, and via the F to/from 2 Av, the last stop.
2. Between Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr and Stillwell Av.
· Use the F, nearby NQR on Broadway, or AC on 8 Av to complete your trip.
· Free shuttle buses operate between W 4 St and Grand St.
Jesse Mislavsky: If you plan to use the E line this weekend, Jared will tell you what to do to get around this diversion.
Jared Elmore: No E 11:45 PM Fri to 5 AM Mon, Sep 15 – 18 Trains are rerouted via the F in both directions between the 21 St-Queensbridge F station and W 4 St
Travel alternatives - Use nearby F stations on 6 Av, the 7AD, and/or Lexington Av 4 local or 6 to complete your trip.
· Transfer at W 4 St AE, Times Sq-42 St/Port Authority 7A, 21 St-Queensbridge E,
and/or 74 St-Roosevelt Av 7E.
· Free shuttle buses connect Court Sq-23 St, Queens Plaza, and 21 St-Queensbridge.
Jesse Mislavsky: If you plan to use the M line this weekend, Jared will tell you what to do to get around this diversion.
Jared Elmore: No M trains between Bedford-Nostrand Avs and Court Sq 11:45 PM Fri to 5 AM Mon, September 15 – 18.
Travel alternatives - Free shuttle buses provide alternate service.
· G service operates between Church Av and Bedford-Nostrand Avs.
· Free shuttle buses operate between Bedford-Nostrand Avs and Court Sq.
Jesse Mislavsky: Because construction projects can be canceled, be sure to consult our website, www.mta.info, for Service Status and Planned Service Changes. While there, you may also opt to use our Trip Planner+ which provides you with customized travel directions that take subway service changes into account, while giving you up to three alternate route options.
Also available is our free Email Notification Program. You can sign up for weekday or weekend notifications about both planned reroutes and real-time changes in service.
Finally, you may also dial 511 for travel information for all MTA services. It’s good information, so you’ll “Know Before You Go!”
For TransitTrax, I'm Jesse Mislavsky. Thanks for listening, and thanks for riding with New York City Transit.