Jesse Mislavsky: I'm Jesse Mislavsky, and you're listening to the “Planned Service Changes” for this weekend on TransitTrax, New York City Transit's podcast service. Here's a guide to a few of the significant changes in subway service, scheduled for this weekend on the 2, 4,5, A,C, and R. These changes will affect service October 27-30 . These changes are due to necessary capital construction and rehabilitation work – work that may cause you to ride backward just to go forward – or change your traveling pattern all together.
For those commuters who plan to use the D line on the weekend, there is a service change that will affect your commute. Please listen carefully as Jared Elmore from Operations Planning explains.
Jared Elmore: Beginning 11:45 PM to 5 AM, October 27 through 30 there are no o 2 or 5 trains between Dyre Av and E 180 St
As travel alternatives - take free shuttle buses.
· 2 trains operate between South Ferry and E 180 St.
· 5 trains operate between Flatbush Av and 241 St.
· Free shuttle buses operate between E 180 St and Dyre Av.
· Transfer between buses and 25 trains at E 180 St.
Jesse Mislavsky: If you plan to use the 4 line this weekend, Jared will tell you what to do to get around this diversion.
Jared Elmore: From 11:30 PM Fri to 5 AM Mon, October 27 through 30 there are no 4 trains between New Lots Av and Utica Av 11:30 PM Fri to 5 AM Mon, October 27 through 30
As travel alternatives - Take free shuttle buses.
· Free shuttle buses make all stops between Utica Av and New Lots Av.
· Transfer between 4 trains and buses at Utica Av.
Jesse Mislavsky: If you plan to use the A and C line this weekend, Jared will tell you what to do to get around this diversion.
Jared Elmore: From 11:30 PM Fri to 5 AM Mon, October 27 through 30, uptown A and C trains run express from Canal St to 59 St-Columbus Circle.
As travel alternatives - use a downtown A local, C or E to complete your trip.
· Transfer at 59 St-Columbus Circle, 42 St/Port Authority, 34 St-Penn Station,
14 St, W 4 St, or Canal St.
· Note: C trains do not run overnight.
Jesse Mislavsky: If you plan to use the G line this weekend, Jared will tell you what to do to get around this diversion.
Jared Elmore: From 11:45 PM Fri to 5 AM Monday, October 27- 30 there are no R trains between Bay Ridge-95 St and 36 St, Brooklyn
As travel alternatives - Take free line closure buses and/or DN trains.
· R service operates days/evenings between 71 Av and 36 St, Brooklyn, and is rerouted
via the D to/from 9 Av, the last stop.
· Late night R service between Brooklyn and Whitehall St is suspended – take the N and/or free line closure buses instead.
· Free line closure buses make all R stops between Bay Ridge-95 St and 59 St.
· Transfer between N trains and free line closure buses at 59 St.
Jesse Mislavsky: Because construction projects can be canceled, be sure to consult our website, www.mta.info, for Service Status and Planned Service Changes. While there, you may also opt to use our Trip Planner+ which provides you with customized travel directions that take subway service changes into account, while giving you up to three alternate route options.
Also available is our free Email Notification Program. You can sign up for weekday or weekend notifications about both planned reroutes and real-time changes in service.
Finally, you may also dial 511 for travel information for all MTA services. It’s good information, so you’ll “Know Before You Go!”
For TransitTrax, I'm Jesse Mislavsky. Thanks for listening, and thanks for riding with New York City Transit.