Jesse Mislavsky: I'm Jesse Mislavsky, and you're listening to the “Planned Service Changes” for this weekend on TransitTrax, New York City Transit's podcast service. Here's a guide to a few of the significant changes in subway service, scheduled for this weekend on the 2, 5, A, and E. These changes will affect service November 3 through November 6. These changes are due to necessary capital construction and rehabilitation work – work that may cause you to ride backward just to go forward – or change your traveling pattern all together.
For those commuters who plan to use the 2 or 5 lines on the weekend, there is a service change that will affect your commute. Please listen carefully as Jared Elmore from Operations Planning explains.
Jared Elmore: Beginning 11:45 PM to 5 AM, November 3 through 6 there are no 2 or 5 trains between Dyre Av and E 180 St
As travel alternatives - take free shuttle buses.
· 2 trains operate between South Ferry and E 180 St.
· 5 trains operate between Flatbush Av and 241 St.
· Free shuttle buses operate between E 180 St and Dyre Av.
· Transfer between buses and 25 trains at E 180 St.
Jesse Mislavsky: If you plan to use the A line this weekend, Jared will tell you what to do to get around this diversion.
Jared Elmore: From 11:30 PM Fri to 5 AM Mon, A No A trains between Euclid Av and
Lefferts Blvd/Howard Beach-JFK Airport.
As travel alternatives – use free shuttle buses to complete your trip.
· A service operates in two sections:
1) Between 207 St and Euclid Av
2) Between Howard Beach and Far Rockaway
· Free shuttle buses run along two routes:
1) Between Euclid Av and Howard Beach, stopping at Grant Av, 80 St, 88 St, Rockaway Blvd, 104 St, 111 St, Lefferts Blvd, Aqueduct Racetrack, and
Aqueduct-North Conduit Av
2) Express between Euclid Av and Howard Beach
· Transfer between trains and buses at Euclid Av and/or Howard Beach.
· Rockaway Park Shuttle service is running.
Jesse Mislavsky: If you plan to use the E line this weekend, Jared will tell you what to do to get around this diversion.
Jared Elmore: From 11:45 PM Friday to 8 PM Saturday, November 3 – 4
Jamaica Center-bound E trains run via the F from W 4 St to 21 St-Queensbridge
Travel alternatives - Use A/C/N/R/7 trains to complete your trip.
· For stations along 8 Av, use the A or C.
· For 7 Av and 5 Av/53 St, use nearby F stations on 6 Av.
· For Lexington Av/53 St, use nearby Lexington Av/59 St NR station.
· For Court Sq-23 St and Queens Plaza, use nearby Court Sq or Queensboro Plaza 7 stations via transfers at Times Sq-42 St/ Port Authority or Roosevelt Av/74 St.
· Transfer between N trains and free line closure buses at 59 St.
Jesse Mislavsky: Because construction projects can be canceled, be sure to consult our website, www.mta.info, for Service Status and Planned Service Changes. While there, you may also opt to use our Trip Planner+ which provides you with customized travel directions that take subway service changes into account, while giving you up to three alternate route options.
Also available is our free Email Notification Program. You can sign up for weekday or weekend notifications about both planned reroutes and real-time changes in service.
Finally, you may also dial 511 for travel information for all MTA services. It’s good information, so you’ll “Know Before You Go!”
For TransitTrax, I'm Jesse Mislavsky. Thanks for listening, and thanks for riding with New York City Transit.