Jesse Mislavsky: I'm Jesse Mislavsky, and you're listening to the “Planned Service Changes” for this weekend on TransitTrax, New York City Transit's podcast service. Here's a guide to a few of the significant changes in subway service, scheduled for this weekend on the 7, J, M and Q. These changes will affect service November 9 through 13. These changes are due to necessary capital construction and rehabilitation work – work that may cause you to ride backward just to go forward – or change your traveling pattern all together.
For those commuters who plan to use the 7 line on the weekend, there is a service change that will affect your commute. Please listen carefully as Jared Elmore from Operations Planning explains.
Jared Elmore: Beginning 12:15 AM Saturday to 4:30 AM Monday, November 11 – 13, there are no 7 trains between 34 St-Hudson Yards and Queensboro Plaza.
As travel alternatives - Take free shuttle buses and E,F,N,W, and S trains.
· 7 service operates between Main St and Queensboro Plaza.
· Use the E, F, N or W for service between Manhattan and Queens.
· Transfer at Queensboro Plaza 7NW or 74 St-Roosevelt Av 7EF.
· Free shuttle buses run along two routes:
1) Between Hudson Yards and Times Sq
2) Between Queensboro Plaza and Vernon Blvd-Jackson Av
· Note: W runs days/evenings; 42 Street S runs overnight.
Jesse Mislavsky: If you plan to use the J line this weekend, Jared will tell you what to do to get around this diversion.
Jared Elmore: From 11:30 PM Friday to 5 AM Monday, November 10 – 13 there are no J trains between Hewes St and Broad St.
As travel alternatives – take free shuttle buses and/or 4,6, and F trains.
· J service operates between Jamaica Center and Hewes St.
· Free shuttle buses operate between Hewes St and Essex St, stopping at Marcy Av.
· Transfer between trains and buses at Hewes St and/or Essex St F.
· For service between Delancey-Essex Sts and Broad St, use the 46 to nearby stations via transfer at Bleecker St F.
· For service to/from Manhattan, use the A,C or L via transfer at Broadway Junction.
Jesse Mislavsky: If you plan to use the M line this weekend, Jared will tell you what to do to get around this diversion.
Jared Elmore: From 4:45 AM Saturday to 10 PM Sunday there are no Q trains between Stillwell Av and Brighton Beach.
As travel alternatives – take free shuttle buses.
· Q service operates between Brighton Beach and 96 St.
· Free shuttle buses operate between Stillwell Av and Brighton Beach, stopping at
West 8 St and Ocean Pkwy.
· Transfer between Q trains and buses at Brighton Beach.
· For direct service to/from Stillwell Av, use the DF or N via transfer at
34 St-Herald Sq or Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr.
Jesse Mislavsky: Because construction projects can be canceled, be sure to consult our website, www.mta.info, for Service Status and Planned Service Changes. While there, you may also opt to use our Trip Planner+ which provides you with customized travel directions that take subway service changes into account, while giving you up to three alternate route options.
Also available is our free Email Notification Program. You can sign up for weekday or weekend notifications about both planned reroutes and real-time changes in service.
Finally, you may also dial 511 for travel information for all MTA services. It’s good information, so you’ll “Know Before You Go!”